The Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Bike Rack is built not only to transport bikes safely from one place to another but to fold up efficiently when it’s not in use. The Swagman is a wheel mount bike rackthat does not require front tire removal for travel. The bike sits on adjustable hoops that can accommodate a variety of bikes. It can hold up to two bikes and is designed to ensure easy access to the rear of the vehicle. It is built to ensure that both the bike and the car do not get scratched during transit.
Swagman XC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Bike Rack Review Features:
- Dimensions are 11.5 X 40 X 6.5
- This bike rack can hold up to two bikes.
- It provides easy access to the back of the vehicle due to its foldable center arm.
- The ratchet frame hooks have a soft frame friendly coating to protect your bike as well as hold it in place.
- The ratchets themselves are easy to push up and down
- Comes with rubber wheel straps to secure the wheels to the hoops at the bottom of the rack.
- It can fit a 1 and 1/4 inch hitch receiver as well as a 2-inch hitch receiver.
- Hitch comes with anti-wobble bolt
- Can hold bikes with up to 29-inch wheels.
- The loading capacity is 35 pounds per bike.
- Assembly is easy to understand and able to be installed fairly quickly with little effort.
- The ratchet hooks have a soft cover so your bike doesn’t get damaged while being firmly secured.
- The ratcheting hooks themselves slide up and down the mast to adjust to the bike frame
- The bikes are securely fastened to the carrier making travel at higher speeds easier for the long distance traveler.
- The driver is able to look out of the back window when driving.
- The center arm folds down to allow access to second bike as well as the rear of the vehicle.
- It also folds up neatly when not in use.
- This system is designed to make loading and unloading quick and convenient.
- Everything is coated in a premium finish to avoid corrosion.
When reviewing this product it is important to know all the important information before deciding whether or to purchase. While this product has many great reviews there are a small number of negative reviews that point out some its potential flaws. Here are some of the most common complaints by customers.
- This bike rack system does not have a secure lock to prevent theft. Everything is held together with nuts and bolts making it easy to take apart with pliers.
- When adjusting to the 2-inch receiver the adapter seems to have a problem preventing wobble.
- Despite the premium finish to avoid corrosion there have been multiple reports of a corrosion
- The ratcheting hooks may have a soft cover but there have been some complaints that this soft cover doesn’t work very well.
- There were also a small number of reports that stated that the ratcheting hooks were hard to move and would sometimes get stuck when loading a bike.
Overall most consumers seem to be very satisfied with this product and award it 4 and a half stars. Most customers stated that they would recommend this product because it was easy to put together and their bikes were transported effectively. Many of these customers used this bike rack to travel long distances and due to its durability, they have chosen to promote this particular bike rack. The only issue that came up consistently was the lack of a bike lock.
Another issue that also came up was that the ratcheting hooks sometimes were hard to move when trying to attach the bike. Despite this, the ease of loading and unloading makes most customers happy because they don’t have to struggle with the weight of the bike or attempt to lift it onto a roof rack.
This is a good a buy if the consumer is simply looking for a functional bike rack. If they are looking for a small hitch bike mount that can safely transport bikes with little hassle then this is the bike rack for them. The price is a little high considering it can only transport two bikes and doesn’t come with a lock. However, it is sturdy and fulfills its purpose when in traveling. When it is not in use it can fold up in the back taking up very little space making it an ideal little bike rack.