The Yakima KingJoe Pro 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack is an easy to install trunk rack that offers both convenience and flexibility. The design fits a wide variety of vehicles and the solid steel construction offers more stability on a portable, lightweight frame.
Integrated StableCradles hold the bikes in place and prevent damage to both the bikes and the vehicle while the premium padded feet and padded metal buckles work to protect the car’s paint job. Glass hatch hooks are included for glass trunks and gate mounts.
As an added bonus, this bike rack features an integrated bottle opener for easy access while tailgating, making this rack ideal for the on the go, active biker.
Yakima KingJoe Pro 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Features:
- Trunk mounted carrier designed to carry up to 3 bikes
- QuickTrigger hub system promises quick and easy installation
- Integrated StableCradles keeps bikes securely in place and prevent bike on bike damage
- Narrow arm design fits a wide variety of bike frames
- Solid steel construction offers protection for both bikes and the vehicle
- Padded feet and padded metal buckles protect the vehicle’s paint job
- Comes with glass hatch hooks for glass trunk or gate mounts
- Comes with built-in bottle openers
- Arms fold away easily when rack is not in use and allow for easy storage
Yakima KingJoe Pro 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Pros
- This lightweight trunk rack system offers a no muss, no fuss installation process with only a moderate amount of lifting.
- The durable steel frame geometry guarantees a better fit and more stability to the vehicle.
- The new and improved QuickTrigger hub system allows bikers to easily adjust the carrier arm angle to fit a wide variety of vehicles, including minivans and hatchbacks. This allows the rack to be easily transferred to different vehicles.
- Glass hatch hooks are included for mounting on glass trunks, gate mounts, and other hard-to-fit vehicles.
- The integrated StableCradles hold bikes firmly in place, preventing bike on bike damage while the premium padded feet and padded metal buckles protect the car’s paint job.
- This rack is a great option for the recreational cyclist since it is one the most affordable racks and comes backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- A built-in bottle opener makes it easy to grab a cold drink once bikers have reached their destination.
- The arms fold away easily when the rack is not in use which makes it easy to store.
Yakima KingJoe Pro 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bike Rack Cons
Overall feedback for this rack system was positive but there are drawbacks to keep in mind when considering its features and practicality. Some common complaints about this type of rack are highlighted below.
- Truck mounted racks are a better option for occasional use while everyday rack users may want to consider a rooftop or hitch rack.
- If the vehicle has a glass hatchback, bikers will need to purchase an additional set of glass hatch hooks. This will limit the overall weight to only two bikes. Some consumers felt frustrated that this information was not provided upfront as they would have likely purchased a different rack system entirely.
- Certain bike frames may not mount properly on the rack and customers will need to purchase a tube top frame adapterto keep the bike level.
- This rack is compatible with most cars but some consumers felt that the rack either did not work on their car at all or complained it left dents on their vehicle after prolonged use.
- Access to the trunk is blocked and the bikes may partially obscure the tail lights, rear license plate, or the driver’s view out of the back window.
Consumer feedback for this product was highly positive and most consumers who purchased and used this rack system felt it met or exceeded their expectations.
Customers seemed to appreciate the versatile design and that the rack is able to work well on most vehicles.
Yakima provides a list of vehicles that this rack is compatible with so consumers can check to make sure this rack system is a good fit for their vehicle prior to purchasing.
Customers can also check to see if they will need to purchase an additional tube top frame adapter to keep their bike frame level.
At a very affordable price, this rack is a good purchase for most consumers. The sturdy technology prevents damage to both bikes and vehicles. And the Yakima KingJoe Pro 3-Bike Trunk Mount has a lightweight frame that makes it very portable and allows for quick installation so bikers have less hassle and can spend more time on the road.